This plugin helps with developing and debugging LibreOffice extensions/components from Eclipse. It supports Java as well as Python extensions.
- LibreOffice 5.0 or greater
- Eclipse 4.5 “Mars” or greater
For historic releases supporting older versions of LibreOffice (and OpenOffice) visit this site.
- LibreOffice (5.0 or greater)
- Eclipse (4.5 “Mars” or greater)
- Install “Eclipse IDE for Java Developers” from eclipse.org/downloads/packages
Note that PyDev is required if you want to have (optional) Python extension support. You need to install that first manually.
Install this plugin via the Eclipse Marketplace. Drag the button below to your running Eclipse instance.
You can choose to install Java or Python support or both.
After installing the plugin, you can create new extensions/components by using File->New->Project->LibreOffice.
You can also have a look at the LibreOffice Starter Extension. It contains a step-by-step guide to get started with Java extension development.
More instructions on how to use the LOEclipse plugin are provided via the Eclipse Help system. Go to Help->Help Contents and select “LOEclipse User Guide”
You find more resources for extension development on wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Extension_Development.
If you still have questions about using LOEclipse, you can get help on ask.libreoffice.org.
- Wizards to create new projects, service or interface files
- Projects can be deployed directly into your LibreOffice instance
- Deployed extensions can be debugged right in Eclipse
- Supported project types: Extensions, Components, URE Applications
- Generate ant build script to build the extension without Eclipse
- Supported project type: Extensions
- Requires PyDev